Reports to Commercial Director – Northern Europe and South Asia
Based in Warsaw, Poland
We are looking for a General Manager to be in charge of leading the Hazera Poland subsidiary’s vision and efforts. You will be responsible for managing and developing business strategy and sales to further strengthen our position in the market.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead the local team – with 14 direct reports.
- Oversee daily operations of Hazera Seeds, while leading and motivating the team.
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a mid-term plan designed to grow the business.
- Manage and develop sales, margin, and profitability by identifying and pursuing commercial opportunities and overseeing Hazera Seeds activities.
- Implement marketing-communication strategies and plans including for accelerating digitization, events, brand excellence, content, and PR.
- Represent and cooperate with Hazera’s sister companies – HMC and VMK.
- Manage and supervise financial and commercial business matters like price and credit policy, forecasting, etc.
- Efficiently work with the other functions within the Hazera Seeds organization.
- Higher educational level in Agriculture and/or Business Administration.
- Good understanding of the seed industry or of the professional agricultural environment in Poland.
- More than 5 years of experience in a commercial management position preferably for an international company.
- People-oriented management style.
- Professional reporting and computer skills.
- Strong action-driven personality and self-motivation.
- Driving License.
- Willing to travel frequently (30%).
- Fluent in Polish and English, additional language desired (Dutch, Hebrew French are nice to have).
Abilities and Personal skills:
- Build a high-performing team based on trust, collaboration, and diversity.
- Working at both strategic and operational levels and solving complex issues.
- Multicultural adaptability: Working across national and cultural boundaries to build joint commitment.
- Superior interpersonal, influencing, and presentation skills, results-driven, and collaborative spirit.
- Open-minded, creative, flexible – Genuine interest in learning.
- Managerial courage, ability to lead change.
- Develops and empowers people.
- Customer focus.
- Business acumen.*** Interested? Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org