Can you imagine what a vegetable seed company of the future will look like? Does the thought of making the future a reality get you excited? Do you have experience working in a commercial R&D organization?
We are seeking passionate candidates to help Hazera transform the ways we provide value to our customers. Working collaboratively with all colleagues in Hazera and Limagrain Vegetables Seeds. Together, with our customers, we are redefining the future of vegetable seed business and developing innovative solutions to improve variety development.
In this position you will assist our Breeder with line and hybrid development, for a Breeding program targeted at one of the global onion markets. You are part of and interact closely with a multidisciplinary, international team of breeders and researchers, with different disciplines. You will have close interaction with the local operational team and with colleagues in different departments and countries. You will report to the Onion Breeder and are based at our breeding facilities in Porterville, CA.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Organize and perform, in agreement with the breeder’s guidelines, practical tasks related to the Breeding program;
- Collect and analyze crop data and provide transparent reports on progress made in breeding projects;
- Manage the inventory of parental lines and breeding material;
- Assist the Onion Breeder in carrying out the breeding program, but assume duties of the Onion Breeder, when necessary;
- Provide leadership to seasonal field staff;
- Some travel in the Western US and internationally for company meetings;
- Implement and monitor compliance of company policies on safety, health and environment;
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, agronomy, plant pathology, genetics or related discipline.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent administrative and computer skills (Office; Databases);
- Proficient in English, basic level of Spanish is a plus;
- Experience in working in an agricultural environment