Employment model: consulting (self-employed) in the scope of a full-time position
Reports to: Area Sales Manager – South and Central America
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Managing and conducting field trials of development varieties in the assigned territory, independently as well as in conjunction with our distributers in this region.
- Working in different climate condition in the open field and in greenhouses.
- Works with the distributers to trial, promote Hazera varieties.
- Develops a Hazera network of key growers in the territory.
- Keeps overview of events in the territory, i.e. tradeshows, open days etc.
- Gathering information on the market, hectares, varieties, competitors.
- Coordinate national & international meetings.
- Assist and coordinate with breeder trials and visits of Product Managers and Breeders.
- Reporting to the the Sales Manager.
- Living (citizenship) in Costa Rica, Honduras or Nicaragua.
- Diploma or degree in Agriculture and 3 years’ experience in a PD position, preferably vegetable seed industry.
- Focus crops – Watermelon, Tomato, Onion, Melon.
- Need to have experience in Watermelon cultivation, preferred in Mini Watermelon Seedless.
- Open communicator with good interpersonal skills, able to interact between different disciplines in Hazera, customers and distributers.
- Professional reporting and computer skills.
- Have a strong action-driven personality, and you are able to motivate yourself.
- Drivers License.
- Willing to travel frequently is a must.
- Fluent in Spanish and with a good English command.