In this role you are responsible for all commercial activities in the East of the Mississippi River territory and Eastern Canada. Aside from your sales manager role, you also perform product development activities in the Northeast. You will oversee sales growth and further strengthen our position in the market by creating go-to-market strategies and building meaningful business relationships with our customers. This is not just an office job, it is a commercial role in agriculture, meaning occasionally getting your hands dirty while meeting customers in the field. You will work closely with, and report to, the General Manager.
Sales Manager tasks (in the East of the Mississippi River territory and Eastern Canada):
- Manage and develop sales, margin, and profitability growth for Hazera.
- Work closely with our dealer network to trial, promote and sell our varieties. Write a business development plan per key account and define a growth strategy per crop.
- Build a network of key growers, packers, and shippers.
- Represent Hazera at tradeshows and conventions, and take charge of open days in your territory.
- Collaborate and work closely with the local PD team and PD Manager.
- Participate on a regular base in forecast meetings, and weekly sales meetings.
- Provide support for local breeder trials.
- Schedule and host visits of (international) colleagues visiting your territory.
Product Development Specialist tasks (in the Northeast):
- Plan, carry out, and finalize PD activities.
- Deliver high quality evaluations of PD trials.
- Perform PD trials from beginning to end, thus sowing until the end of the cycle.
- Coordinate PD activities with all internal stakeholders (internationally).
- Solve potential technical product problems if they occur.
- Work closely with the PD Manager on your internal, and dealer trial plan.
- Report and present your PD activities on a monthly base.
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree in agricultural science or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 year experience with an agronomical background in the vegetable seed business.
- Proven knowledge of field trials, including trial setup and field evaluations.
- Willingness to travel, and to work under variable environmental conditions associated with field trial work.
- Flexible working hours throughout the growing seasons.
- English native or fluent.
- Driver’s license.
- Tech savvy with expertise in MS Office.
- Team player with a hands-on mentality.
- Proactive attitude, self-motivator who is able to work independently.
- Good presentation skills.
- Detail oriented, analytical, and conscientious.
- Service-minded, and enthusiastic about agriculture.
- People person, who can communicate effectively at all levels of a global organization, and who connects easily with growers and dealers.
Working at Hazera means contributing in a professional way to the growth of our business, in an informal international environment. We are customer and market-oriented, and teamwork is important. We focus on employee development with consideration and respect for individual needs.
Enthusiastic to join a growing organization? Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org